Steven’s field is a neighborhood park located on the corner of West Court and Frederick Streets. It mainly serves the population from a six-block area and is open from dawn to dusk.
The development of Steven’s Field includes:
- A playground with an intermediate play structure and some ancillary play equipment
- A pavilion with picnic table and benches
- A wading pool with bathhouse and restrooms
- Circular concrete benches that serve as both seating and as a visual design
- A basketball court
- Two tennis courts with fencing
- A regulation-size softball field with backstop
- A multi-purpose athletic field suitable for soccer or football that also has a baseball backstop
Over the past several years the park has received moderate to heavy usage, attracting several thousand users each summer. The most used facilities at Steven’s Field are the wading pool and the play boosters, although the basketball does receive substantial use.
None of the park facilities are lighted but the park does have some security lighting.
The city has a dual use agreement With the Rome City School District that uses part of the park for physical education and extracurricular activities for the Gansevoort Elementary School.