The Rome Planning Board provides community input and advice to the Mayor, the City Council and the Department of Community and Economic Development on any matter affecting planning and development within the community.
The board reviews plans for subdivisions, applications for site plans for new or modified construction, applications for changes to the official zoning map and requests for changes within Rome’s Historic District.
The Board also reviews State Environmental Quality Review Act, or SEQR, applications to determine the significance of the impact of proposed projects on the environment.
Planning Board meetings are held the first Tuesday of each month at 7:00 p.m. in the Common Council Chambers at City Hall.
Current Planning Board members:
- Nicholas Carletta
- Mark Esposito
- Joseph Calandra
- Ann Cianfrocco
- Tom Arcuri
Documents for Download:
- Planning Board Agenda 1 3 2017
- SEQR (Zoning Code Excerpt)
- Site Plan Review (Zoning Code Excerpt)
- Site Plan Checklist 2016
- Subdivision (Zoning Code Excerpt)
- Subdivision Checklist 1-29-13
- Historic District (Zoning Code Excerpt)
- Historic District Project Review Form (2)
- Historic District Application & Checklist 1-25-13
- Parking (Zoning Code Excerpt)
- Landscaping & Buffering (Zoning Code Excerpt)
- Planning Board Application (2016)
- SEQR Short Environmental Assessment Form_Part 1
- SEQR Full Environmental Assessment Form_Part 1
Planning Board Contact Information:
198 North Washington Street
Rome, NY 13440
Phone: (315) 339-7628
Fax: (315) 838-1167
Email: Matt Andrews