A vibrant center for private and public enterprise.
In 1995, Griffiss Business and Technology Park was a master plan with great potential. Today, this vision has been transformed into a reality. The park is a redevelopment success story after the loss of an active base through the BRAC process. Scores of tenants employing thousands of people make Griffiss one of the most successful business and technology parks in the United States.
Griffiss Business & Technology Park encompasses 3,500 acres. Its urban atmosphere is complemented by the benefits afforded by the adjacent cities of Rome and Utica, and the beautiful setting of the surrounding Mohawk Valley area.
Tenants with global recognition and global impact.
Griffiss Park is the location of choice for organizations that are recognized globally, and have global impact through innovative research, products and services.
- Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL) pictured above, is an internationally recognized R&D center specializing in information technology. AFRL offers technical assistance and unique laboratory facilities, plus cooperative R&D agreements, educational partnerships and more. Many Griffiss Park tenants benefit from AFRL’s close proximity.
- Griffiss Institute for Information Assurance, a center of excellence in New York State’s technology corridor. The Griffiss Institute establishes the Mohawk Valley as a national center of research and economic development in the field of information security. It sets a new standard for partnerships between academia, government and the private sector.
All Roads Lead to Griffiss
- Vibrant center for private and public enterprise
- Cost-effective airfield alternative to major metros
- Tenants with global recognition and global impact
- Proven strategic Central New York location
- Rare combination of people, resources, and services
- Compelling incentives for relocation and expansion
- Distinctively designed development districts
Cost-efficient airfield alternative to major metros.
The Griffiss Airfield, with its 2.23-mile long runway has all the advantages of big city airports, without the heavy traffic and high costs of major metro areas. Griffiss Airfield offers significantly fewer surface and air delays, and faster turnaround times. Air traffic is a breeze and ground traffic is minimal. There is no bidding for landing slots, and no wasted fuel waiting to land or take off.
It’s a cost efficient, easily accessible alternative to the Boston / NYC /Washington D.C. corridor.Proven Strategic Central New York location.
Griffiss Business & Technology Park is located in the City of Rome in the heart of New York State. The four-lane Griffiss Parkway provides a direct north-south connection to major regional highways and downtown Rome. Griffiss is within 15 minutes of three New York State Thruway interchanges (Interstate 90). Griffiss Park is within 500 miles of 17 of the top 50 U.S. markets and a day’s truck run from half of the population, personal income, business and sales in the U.S. and Canada. All of this, surrounded by the natural beauty and desirable lifestyle of the Mohawk Valley.
We’ve named our region Fast Track Country™ – where you can get on the business fast track, while enjoying life at a country pace. Residents enjoy quality, low-cost housing in urban, suburban or rural settings, resulting in a stable high-quality work force. Our region offers a unique blend of four-season recreation, and an abundance of sports and cultural activities.
Rare combination of people, resources and services.
- A stable high-quality work force
- Available labor pool and extensive advanced training and higher education opportunities
- Low cost, high voltage electric distribution system
- Unlimited municipal water supply
- SONET fiber backbone
- Municipal sanitary sewer system
- Rail spur from CSX mainline
- Industrial port on the Erie Canal
Compelling incentives for relocation and expansion.
- Empire Zone (EZ) tax incentives
- Financing, loan underwriting and administration
- Zoned and shovel-ready sites affording immediate development potential
- Real estate development and leasing
- Small business development assistance
- Centralized economic development effort that cuts through red tape
- Excellent public / private sector cooperation
- Proven state-level support
Distinctively designed development districts.
Griffiss Business & Technology Park has been developed according to a strategically designed master plan that today represents a city within a city. Its seven distinctive districts accommodate a wide range of industries and professional services. In addition, the pleasing campus-like setting provides a variety of aesthetic and recreational amenities.
To learn more about the Griffiss Business and Technology Park please visit: Mohawk Valley EDGE