Every year, the City of Rome acquires properties for non-payment of property taxes. The Real Property Committee (RPC) was created to speed the return of these properties back to private owners. The RPC has created a process by which persons interested in buying City real estate may submit a purchase proposal for consideration. In situations where there are multiple bidders, the City may elect to utilize a public auction as well. The primary function of the RPC is to screen the proposals and make recommendations to the Common Council and Board of Estimate and Contract for final approval. For more details concerning the process, please refer to Real Property Committee FAQ.
The Real Property Committee entered into its first rehabilitation agreement on September 9, 1998. Since the RPC’s inception, nearly 400 properties and vacant lots valued at over $5 million in assessed value are back to the city tax rolls with a 95% rehabilitation agreement completion rate.
For more information and a list of available properties, please review the additional information and links below. You may also contact:
Documents & Forms:
- March 2018 Available Properties
- 103 N. Charles St. Council Package
- 112 E. Bloomfield St. Council Package
- 116 Byrnes Ave Council Package
- 118 E. Bloomfield St. Council Package
- 118-20 Palmer Ave Council Package
- 304-06 Kossuth St. Council Package
- 307 Matthew St. Council Package
- 406 Ann St. Council Package
- 618 William St. Council Package
- 700 S. James St. Council Package
- 702 S. James St. Council Package
- 6925 S. James St. Council Package
- RPC Proposal Form
- Real Property Committee FAQ
- Sample Rehabilitation Agreement
Real Property Committee Contact Information:
Fred Fox Jr.
Real Property Committee Chairman
Phone: (315) 838-1732
Fax: (315) 339-7638
Email: Fred Fox Jr.