The Treasurer’s Office provides comprehensive financial management to the City of Rome. The Department’s major functions are:
- Tax Billing and Collection
- Accounting & Finance Reporting
- City-wide Financial Activities
- Financial Policy & Administration
- Revenue Collections
- Fiscal Year: January 1 to December 31
- Credit Rating: Standard & Poor’s Rating – A1
- Credit Rating: Moody’s Investors Services, Inc – A1
- Financial Advisor: Fiscal Advisors & Marketing, Inc., Syracuse, NY
- Bond Counsel: Bond, Schoneck & King, PLLC, Syracuse, NY
- Independent Auditor: D’Arcangelo & Co., LLP
The City of Rome Purchasing department is responsible for the purchase of all materials, supplies and equipment required by the City.
Purchases are executed following the City’s charter procedures as well as New York State law. This involves processing purchase requisitions, purchase orders, preparing specifications for contracts, conducting the competitive bidding process and awarding contracts.
Purchasing is also responsible for the proper disposal of the surplus material owned by the City. The City of Rome sells its surplus materials and equipment on eBay.
Click here to visit our eBay
Click here for Bid opportunities for Rome
RFP, RFB, and RFQ Documents:
RFB-2018-023 REMOVAL OF ASBESTOS CONTAINING MATERIAL
- Asbestos Survey Report 104-06 W. South St.
- Asbestos Survey Report 114 Railroad St.
- Asbestos Survey Report 136 River St.
- Asbestos Survey Report 200 Canal St.
- Asbestos Survey Report 222 W. Liberty St.
- Asbestos Survey Report 223 Spring St.
Current, Proposed and Past Budgets for Download:
City Treasurer & Purchasing Contact Information:
198 N. Washington Street
Rome, NY 13440
Phone: (315) 339-7689
Fax: (315) 838-1165
Hours of Operation: 8:30am to 4:30pm
Email: Dave Nolan
Phone: (315) 339-7665
Email: Logan Fournier]
Deputy City Treasurer
Phone: (315) 339-7680
Senior Tax Collector
Phone: (315) 339-7691
Phone: (315) 339-7681
Tax Collection & Receivables
Phone: (315) 339-7690
Tax Clerk – Parking Tickets
Phone: (315) 339-7689
Phone: (315) 339-7682
Phone: (315) 838-1733
Senior Payroll Coordinator
Phone: (315) 838-1705
Phone: (315) 339-7651
Phone: (315) 339-7631