The Rome Civil Service Commission has the legal responsibility to administer and manage all merit based employment positions within its jurisdiction by ensuring that the integrity of the merit system is maintained under the established regulations of New York State Civil Service Law. Below is a list of upcoming Civil Service examinations.
Rome Civil Service Commission Meeting Dates:
City of Rome Civil Service Commission meetings are scheduled for the second Tuesday of each month with the exception of July and August.
Meetings are held at 4:00PM in the Common Council Caucus Room on the Second Floor at City Hall. All meetings are open to the public.
City of Rome Employment Opportunities and Civil Service Exam Announcements:
- Auto Mechanic Job Opening
- Permanent Motor Equipment Operator (MEO) Job Opening
- Senior Clerk in Water Resources Recovery Facility Job Opening
- Water & Sewer Maintenance Foreman Job Opening
- Planner – Community & Economic Development Job Opening
- CROSSING GUARD APPLICATIONS
Documents for Download:
- CITY OF ROME APPLICATION FOR CIVIL SERVICE EXAMINATION AND GENERAL EMPLOYMENT
- CROSS-FILER NOTIFICATION FORM
- VETERANS’ CREDIT APPLICATION FORM
- FEE WAIVER REQUEST AND CERTIFICATION FORM
Civil Service Contact Information:
198 N. Washington Street
Rome, NY 13440
Phone: (315) 339-7609
Fax: (315) 339-7674